Fantasy Gaming, SciFi and Irreverence

Blogs Blogs * FAQ  * Search
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:38 am 
Arch-Magician

Blog: View Blog (0)
"Good," said Helmut. "How does fifty shillings a week sound?" he said naming a very generous fee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:38 pm 
Dragon Death-Marine General

Blog: View Blog (1)
"Works for me, Good man. What about you lads?" Axel asked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:20 pm 
Exemplar

"I am amenable to this arrangement" Dietrich replied after a moment of consideration.

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:08 pm 
Arch-Magician

"Excellent!" said Helmut. "Another round!" he called out to waitress. "Ranald and Sigmar bless me, this has been a lucky day indeed!" He then went to work on his slice of pie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:06 pm 
Arch-Magician

Helmut demolished the pie and guzzled down his beer, refilling his mug from the flagon. It was obvious how the merchant managed to obtain and maintain his formidable girth. He finished off the pie slice and cut another.

"When can you boys start? I'll give you an advance on your wages of course." He then began to devour the pastry covered mix of beef and vegetables.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:51 pm 

"I cannot speak for the others, but I have no pressing engagements Good Helmut. And sooner started sooner finished my teachers used to say. I can start as soon as we finish here." Axel said swallowing another mouthful of pie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:30 pm 
Arch-Magician

"Excellent!" said the merchant. He sliced another generous piece of pie for himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:30 pm 
Exemplar

"I too have no pressing engagements" said Dietrich as he downed a mug and then went to work on a piece of pie. "And can start whenever is convenient"

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:58 am 
Disciple

Marcellus grabs a piece of pie for himself, "for fifty shillings a week I can start any time you like!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:45 am 
Arch-Magician

"Splendid," said Helmut. The merchant drained his mug of beer and then called for another pitcher. "I'll show you around my warehouse tonight. Hopefully you'll catch the scum responsible."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:58 pm 
Arch-Magician

It took a while for the meal to wind down, by which point the riot had dispersed. After relieving the pressure on their bladders from the beer consumed, the companions followed Helmut down a series of streets to a dockside warehouse.

"These people are allowed in Hans," said the merchant to a stout lad standing in front of the buidling.

"Ja mien herr," replied the big blond youth. Helmut lead them inside where crates and bales waited to be loaded onto ships and wagons and sent to the far corners of the Reik.

"Hans is a good lad, but a little thick. He keeps the riff-raff away, but these thieves are too clever for him."

Helmut presses five shillings into each adventurer's palm. "An advance."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:01 pm 
Disciple

Marcellus nods his thanks. "Is this the only entrance?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:08 pm 

Axel let Marcellus do the talking and scanned the place for windows, or cracks in the wall. Later when the Good Merchant had taken his leave, they could check for weak places in the walls. Axel had been told once that some thevies would make a hole in the wall and then put easily removed boards over the hole thus making an easily disguised entrance.

He hoped the thevies weren't coming up through the floor, the sewers were suppose to smell awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:09 pm 
Arch-Magician

"There's another entrance, around back," said Helmut. It's only large enough for people, not wagons and its locked and barred most of the time."

Axel's investigations revealed windows with stout shutters and solid walls. "Checking the walls eh?" said Helmut. "First thing I did too."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:54 pm 
Exemplar

Dietrich looked around "Is there any evidence of forced entry?" he asked It would be difficult but maybe not impossible, perhaps using magic to open the back door, but the simplest way to do it would be to bribe hans, or distract him in some way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:10 pm 
Arch-Magician

"Nothing so revealing," said Helmut. "Perhaps Helmut is not such a good lad. Perhaps they have a good lock picker or magic. I don't know."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:04 pm 
Exemplar

"The first two are more likely. However if there is magic involved I may be able to do something about it" he left out how, but left it obvious in his voice tone. There was not a whole lot he could do, he was not skilled enough to dispel anything, but any hedge wizard of significant power (no College Wizard would be robbing merchants) would not be wasting power and risking the use of magic in this way.

Dietrich opened his Sight. Not really opening, it was always there, he just let down his mental blocks against paying attention. He saw nothing. It could be because there was nothing there, or because he was not skilled enough to see what magic was used.

"I dont sense anything. But that does not mean nothing was used"

Last edited by Comrade Tortoise on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:55 pm 

Axel tried to control the raising hackles on his neck as Dietrich casually admited to being a witch. He was an educated man! A priest of Sigmar! Not a cowering peasent farmer with two sheep and barely more teeth to his name!

He locked his jaw in place and drove down the uneasiness. It would not be good to panic the merchant. Still Axel was troubled by the arcane arts, so easily were they turned to dark means and desires, so greatly championed by the fey and unhuman.

It had been the mages of the Fey Elves from over the sea who had taught those arts to the Empire. To resist Chaos they said and quiet likely they meant it, the Fey were no friends to the ruinious powers. Still they were not men either and knew nothing of the passions and thoughts that stirred within men's breasts. They knew nothing of Sigmar's light.

Who was to say... Who was to say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:11 pm 
Exemplar

Dietrich noticed the priest practically twitching, trying to control his gut reaction to having someone admit to being a magic user. He thought he should lay aside the cleric's fears.

"I am an apprentice within the Celestial College, though that may change as my talents grow. I thought it better to inform you casually, as opposed to having you turn on me if I was forced to use my abilities more actively. Know that if I fall to darkness Axel, I would want and expect you to put me down like a rabid dog."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:23 pm 
Arch-Magician

"Well, I will leave you to it," said Helmut. "Sigmar and Ranald bless you." The merchant wattled away, leaving the adventurers alone in the warehouse as evening approached.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:31 pm 

"And you as well Good Merchant Helmut" Axel said making the sign of Sigmar. After Helmut exited view, Axel turned to his new teammates. He fought down his discomfort from Dietrich, the Empire needed mages.

"Alright, it seems to me that we should make a full search of the building for unknown exits. How should we divide this search?" He asked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:56 pm 
Exemplar

"I am happy to search the floors. There are things that lurk under buildings that may have a way in that way. All of the walls and the roof should be checked as well"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:09 pm 
Arch-Magician

A careful search of the floor reveals several loose floorboards in one corner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:19 pm 
Exemplar

"I have loose floorboards!" called the mage as he started to inspect exactly how loose the boards were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:29 pm 
Arch-Magician

The floorboards were laid flat, but unsecured.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next