Search Blogs

Category Blogs 
Forum Administration

General

Games

Fitness

Random Blog Entry
On the subject of Wiki Software.... by Dark Silver on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:25 pm
Now, I know I'm not the most technical guy on the planet, but I do have a basic understanding of technology and its ways. I can install most anything, and configure most other things when it comes to basic web stuff.

then I came across MediaWiki software. For those of you who don't know, MediaWiki is one of the most used pieces Wiki software on the planet. It's supposed to be highly customizable, and easy for everyone to use.

What they dont tell you is that managing the Software, more specifically, the users and groups and everything else, HAS to be done by direct editing of the software's php files. There's no Administrator Control Panel to do this one, nothing that lets you quickly and easily handle configuration issues, or make simple changes quickly.

No, if you want to change something, you have to go into FTP, download the appropriate file, and locate the exact line you need to change (if your lucky enough to know the variable for the change you want to make), edit the line,...

[ Continued ]

Feed Recent Blog Entries
I love my job...I love my job....I lov.... by Dark Silver on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:30 am
Some days, it doesn't pay to get out of bed.

So I didn't sleep all that great last night, I never seem to when I get bad news right before I go to bed. Well, last night was definitely some bad news....

[ Continued ]

On the subject of Wiki Software.... by Dark Silver on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:25 pm
Now, I know I'm not the most technical guy on the planet, but I do have a basic understanding of technology and its ways. I can install most anything, and configure most other things when it comes to...

[ Continued ]

Joys of updating software by Dark Silver on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:17 pm
File Under: Technical Woes

As many of you are undoubtedly aware, I've been working on the updates to LibriumArcana.com, the website...

[ Continued ]

testing 1...2...3 by frigidmagi on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:21 pm
I'm trying this out a bit. It certainly seems easier to use and get to then the old blogs. I wonder if I should try to find and port my old blog posts over here, some of them were pretty good I thought......

[ Continued ]

This is My Blog! There are others like it.. by Dark Silver on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:16 pm
But this one is mine.

Or something of that nature.

Just a test of the new Blogging mod added to the board.

Hmmm..wonder what this button doe............

Feed Recent Comments
Re: testing 1...2...3 by Dark Silver on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:37 am
oh hey, I even rated your blog.

Re: This is My Blog! There are others like it.. by Dark Silver on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:39 pm
Since your a board mod, you have full mod powers throughout the site, including the blogs - since the boards and blogs share everything.

Re: testing 1...2...3 by Dark Silver on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:38 pm
You won't find any of your old blog post from the old LibArc blogs.....they are all dead and gone, unless a archive site got a hold of them somewhere........

Re: This is My Blog! There are others like it.. by frigidmagi on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:22 pm
I am commenting on commenting. Yep this works. By the way man am I suppose to see an edit button for your blog post? That doesn't seem right.